[nfbmi-talk] {Disarmed} MCRS

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 19 15:57:49 UTC 2013

Skip to Main Content Area

  a.. ACRONYMS
  b.. BSBP
  c.. COMMON DISABILITY AGENDA
  d.. CONGRESS
  e.. CUSTOMERS
  f.. LEGISLATION
  g.. LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY TOOLBOX
  h.. MI LEGISLATURE
  i.. MRS
  j.. NCSRC
  k.. PARTNERS
  l.. RSA
  m.. RESOURCES
We serve as the "Voice of Customers" receiving Public Vocational Rehabilitation Services in Michigan.

About the MCRS
  a.. Home
  b.. ABOUT THE MCRS
    a.. Our History
    b.. Our Statutory Authority
    c.. Our Gubernatorial Authority
    d.. Our Bylaws
    e.. Our Organizational Foundation
    f.. Our Policies and Procedures
    g.. Our Members
    h.. Our Business Meetings
    i.. Our Public Comment Opportunities
    j.. Our Business Office
    k.. Our Strategic Plan
    l.. Our Work Teams
    m.. Our Reports, Public Statements and White Papers
    n.. Our Public Events
    o.. Our Annual Beacon Award
    p.. Our State Plan Attachment 4.2
    q.. Our National Connection
  c.. Working with MRS
  d.. Working with BSBP
User login
Username: *
Password: *

  a.. Request new password

The MCRS Welcomes You!
MCRS MEMBERSHIP ANNOUNCED - click here for the Press Release

In June 2012, Michigan's Governor Rick Snyder issued a new Executive Order (EO) (2012-10). As a result of this EO, the following changes have taken effect as of October 1, 2012:

1. NEW NAME -

The Michigan Rehabilitation Council (MRC) has been abolished; the "Michigan Council for Rehabilitation Services" (MCRS) has become the new state rehabilitation council (SRC) for Michigan;

2. NEW DEPARTMENT -

The MCRS is within the Michigan Department of Human Services, along with Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS);

3. NEW RESPONSIBILITIES -

The MCRS is the SRC for MRS and also the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP), formerly the Michigan Commission for the Blind. The BSBP remains under the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

4. NEW MEMBERSHIP -

On Thursday October 11, 2012, appointments to the MCRS were announced by the governor. Click here to view the details.

5. NEW WEBSITE -

As of December 2012, this website reflects a newly designed and updated reflection of Michigan's new SRC.

QUESTIONS? Any questions about the MCRS may be directed to: council at mcrs13.org
Our Next Business Meeting
All are welcome to attend:

      DATE / TIME / LOCATION:
(Updated: 1/31/13)Friday March 22, 2013
      9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
      Location: Greater Lansing Area - location to be determined
      Public Comment:
      11:30 a.m.
      To make Public Comment and/or request accommodations to attend this meeting, please contact the MCRS Office by Friday March 1, 2013 at 877.335.9370.

Upcoming Events
  a.. MCRS BUSINESS MEETING 3-22-13(31 days)
  b.. MCRS BUSINESS MEETING 5-14-13(84 days)
  c.. MCRS BUSINESS MEETING 8-9-13(171 days)

more
Customers
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES

VR PROCESS

NEED HELP settling a conflict with BSBP or MRS? CLICK HERE

READ Success Stories

SHARE Success Stories

 Click here to request email notification of updates to MCRS web site.

 Click here to contact the Webmaster for QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? SUGGESTIONS? about the MCRS web site.

3490 Belle Chase Way . Suite 110 . Lansing, MI 48911-4263
Toll Free Voice 877-335-9370 / Voice 517-887-9370 / Fax 517-