[nfbmi-talk] Minutes, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan May 14 2013

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 18 22:34:54 UTC 2013

Minutes, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan May 14 2013
Quorum Larry Posont, Mike Powell, Joe Sontag, Terri Wilcox, Mark Eagle, Nick Wilcox, Dave Robinson, Sarah Norwood and Mary Wurtzel.
There are three levels of 990 reporting. If the Affiliate brings in over $200,000 per year, then the long form is required. The
Michigan Affiliate will receive a sixty day extension. We count volunteer time on the 990s for state board members. Two numbers that
are different in the text can be explained because of product sales. The 990's are quite straight forward. Joe Sontag moved that the
Board of Directors of the Michigan Affiliate read the 990's, they are correct and we agree with them. Mike Powell seconded the
motion. The motion passed. Is it necessary for us to get 33% from fund raising if we hire a professional fund raiser? Fund raising
is listed both as fund raising and outreach. Dr. Maurer and Larry Posont have discussed having a Leadership Seminar so that members
of the Michigan Affiliate can learn and visit the National Office some time after National Convention. This would be from Thursday
to Sunday. A small fee would be charged. Ideas are needed for the Leadership Seminar. Donna Posont was on TV with the Celebrate
Urban Birds Event. It was well done. Sarah Norwood has not heard whether the Consumer Involvement Committee is abolished. It is
suspected it has been eliminated.
Mike Powell moved to Adjourn at 8:41. The motion was approved.