[nfbmi-talk] bsbp in spil

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 1 11:42:40 UTC 2013

>From the State Plan for Independent Living….Guess Leemon Jones is “still working on it”. Anyone been to the web site lately?  The staff directory hasn’t even been updated since October 1, of 2013. Let’s see no updates for one year. Now, that is performance from Mr. Rodgers in informing the public of BSBP services including IL services for those who are blind.

Joe

Objective 3:  Strong collaboration between VR and CILs to promote quality employment outcomes and independence for persons with disabilities.

Lead Organization:  MRS, SILC, BSBP, CILs and Michigan Council on Rehabilitation Services (MCRS)

Geographic Scope:  Statewide

Three Year Performance Target:  MRS, SILC, BSBP and CIL staff, through strong collaboration, will build a holistic service-delivery system.

         Measurable Indicators:

1.   Increased referrals for MRS services from CILs, resulting in more rehabilitation closures.

2.   Increased referrals for CIL core services provided to MRS and BSBP customers, resulting in improved coordination of services and increased employment and employment retention for MRS and BSBP customers.

3.   DN/M and BSBP will create, sign and implement mutually developed Memorandum of Understanding to outline coordination of services.

4.   Develop education and awareness training with local CIL staff & BSBP staff at minimum annually.

5.   Provide BSBP data by county to SILC to establish a baseline & increased referrals to CIL’s by BSBP staff.

6.   Create parameters in BSBP data collection system for tracking.

7.   Annually determine and evaluate methods to maximize participation in the Personal Assistance Services for Employment Program (PASREP)

Objective 4:  Continue to develop relationships with the Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) and the state Office of Services to the Aging to identify future needs & develop a formal referral process.

Lead Organization: BSBP and SILC

Geographic Scope:  Statewide

Three-Year Performance Target:  Increased collaboration with AAAs and Office of Services to the Aging with BSBP.

Measurable Indicators:

1.  Annually, BSBP will coordinate informational meetings at the local AAA’s.

2.  BSBP staff will follow through with the technology investment (Software: Zoomtext & JAWS; including set-up and initial training, large screen monitor, headphones, low vision keyboard) at the identified AAAs that have accessible technology on site.

3.  Quarterly, BSBP Consumer Services Division will increase collaboration with the Office of Services to the Aging Michigan Association of AAAs both informally and formally.

Objective 5:  Statewide outreach activities to blind or VI Native Americans are enhanced in order to provide IL services to the population.

Lead Organization: BSBP

Geographic Scope:  Statewide

Three-Year Performance Target: Continue outreach and awareness to the Native American population of Michigan.

Measurable Indicators:

1.   In following the signed MOU with the Hannahville Indian Community VR program agreement, BSBP will collaborate with the tribal coordinator to identify and provide outreach to the various statewide local tribes.

2.   Provide data to SILC regarding the number of Native Americans served by BSBP annually.

3.   Affirm data collection is accurate in BSBP data system for IL program.

Objective 6:  Finalize approved Policies & Procedures by BSBP

Lead Organization: BSBP

Geographic Scope:  Statewide

Three-Year Performance Target:  Have accessible and accurate policy and procedure manual.

         Measurable Indicators:

1.      BSBP is working toward ensuring that all Bureau materials & website are accessible to the disability community including persons who are legally blind.  BSBP is currently in the process of revising our policy and procedure manual with an anticipated 1st draft date of December 2013