[nfbmi-talk] simple questions state plate?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Oct 23 12:00:13 UTC 2013

October 23 2013 Questions About Anderson Building State Plate

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810-516-5262

Re: Simple Questions?

To: Edward Rodgers, Director

Bureau of Services for Blind Persons

S. Michael Zimmer, Deputy Director LARA and BSBP DSA

(Via E-mail)

Dear Sirs,

I have two very simple questions concerning accountability of this agency and regarding the PA 260 mandated BEP facility in the Anderson Building known as “The State Plate”.

First, since this location was closed and not put on the “bid line” for operators in December of 2011 I am wondering just how much in improvements, maintenance and other capital costs from BSBP accounts have been plowed in to this facility which again hasn’t had a blind operator for now close to two years in it and hasn’t even served one cup  of coffee? This should be easy enough for an agency to discern a dollar ammount as I’m assured by the agency that it has met the requirements in these regards relative to the Auditor General’s report of November 2012. All I wish for is a total expended here. You know it is less than you require of operators themselves and you, again shouldn’t have any trouble producing a figure here.

The, second question is: When in the heck is this location going to be put on the bidline in accordence with PA 260 and promulgated rules?

These are simple questions of public servants and stewards of copious federal and state funds who have promoted increased effecincies, better management, and more transparency than the prior regime, or at least state as much to the public. So I simply expect a straight forward and accessible, written answer.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.