[nfbmi-talk] Paper says "No plans for Tim Horton's," but

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Fri Sep 6 23:33:33 UTC 2013

Hi Terry,

It would be silly to put a Tim Horton's in the Capitol.  There aren't enough
people in there on a daily basis to support the investment.  This is
especially true when 1 considers how easy it will be to use the State Plate
as the commissary and simply bring stuff over as needed.  That is the plan,
I am willing to bet, it is the only economically practical idea.  The
reporters and politicians don't understand food service.  Tim Horton's does,
despite what anyone else does.  They will advise the BS4BP on how to set
things up.  Whether anyone from BS4BP understands or can follow directions
is another matter.  I have confidence in Tim Horton's systems.  They have
demonstrated their ability to make money.  The BS4BP, not so much.

The choice of Tim Horton's was ill-advised because of the political
implications of bringing in a Canadian company to compete with a local
coffee business.  The idea of using state employees to operate a private
franchise company is the most politically stupid and ethically questionable
idea imaginable.  BS4BP administration is naive, stupid, arrogant, unethical
and insensitive to its constituents and even those who may have supported
them from inside the system.  I cannot believe that when Snider figures out
the political ramifications of this goofy idea that he won't drop it like a
hot potato.  On the other hand, maybe not.  This is not a winner for the
Snider Administration, no matter how they try to spin it.

Warm Regards,

Fred