[nfbmi-talk] job opratunities for youth

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Sep 28 14:31:01 UTC 2013

Christine,

Please don't stop you are right on on all accounts. And I being from a more
left perspective, for lack of better words has always wonderred about this
sort of union busting angle as well.

The other thing is Rodgers harps along with the others in LARA about civil
service, etc. even on the MCRS and SILC as being the dominate player in the
job field but ignores Section 501 of the rehab act, and other affirmative
action requirements of federally funded entities like BSBP which wouldn't
exist in the first place without the Rehab Act.

Let alone this hack doesn't recognize the priority for blind vendors under
RS, or PA 260.

Note on that account yesterday Rodgers announced that BSBP is down to 72
operators.

72!

And note once again he told the commissioners that blind folks in BSBP where
about 20 percent. Shoot even under the evil empire of Cannon they were
roughly 33 percent for a time.

Bottom line is it is incredably transparent to me that BSBP can't place
blind folks in to competive jobs, let alone first jobs or even volunteer
jobs outside of the agency which is its primary reason for existence in the
first place when it can't tdo it internally.

It is a sick and sad joke.