[nfbmi-talk] Job Opportunity - Viriginia School for the Blind and Deaf
Terry D. Eagle
terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 03:40:23 UTC 2014
Job Opportunity - Viriginia School for the Blind and Deaf
Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Virginia Jobs Text over Virginia Mountains Image
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to
I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work
Effective June 1, 2011
, agencies in the Commonwealth of Virginia's Executive Branch will use the
system to confirm identity and work authorization.
Working Title Campus Security Officer
Role Title Security Officer I - 69111
Job Open Date 04-11-2014
Job Close Date Jobs close at 5pm EST.
Job Type Detail Definition Wage Non-Faculty- W-1
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery &
Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?
Hiring Range $10 - $11/hour
Agency VA Sch for Deaf/Blind-Staunton (218)
Location Staunton - 790
Position Number W0007
Job Posting Number 0078571
Does this position have telework options? No
Type of Recruitment Definition General Public - G
Job Type efinition Hourly/Wage
Pay Band 01
The Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind at Staunton, Virginia is
a Campus Security Officer to ensure that campus and facilities are safe,
properly maintained by performing patrols of campus property and facilities,
taking action to correct issues encountered. This is a part-time position
benefits. Must be willing to rotate shifts, 4:00pm to 12:00am and 12:00am
and work on holidays and week-ends.
- Conducts security inspections and prepares reports
- Reports emergency situations and maintains documentation
- Checks for proper operation of physical plant equipment
- Assists visitors
- Fire safety compliance and education
- Assists maintenance in snow and ice removal during emergency periods
-High School Diploma or General Education Development Certificate.
- Certification as a School Security Officer from the Department of
Services (DCJS) . Candidates who do not currently hold this certification
the criteria for certification, including a minimum age requirement of 21
and be willing to complete a DCJS approved course within 90 days of
- Certification in the National Incident Management System (NIMS) to levels
by the Crisis Management Plan. Candidates who do not hold these
must satisfy this requirement within 180 days of employment.
- Valid driver's license at the time of employment (applicants with six
or more are ineligible).
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR or agreement to obtain within
- Prefer work experience in military, law enforcement and/or security
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public safety and security
- Knowledge of fire and safety regulations, and related equipment.
- Ability to interpret and apply safety and security regulations and react
in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of records management procedures sufficient to prepare and
records for the purpose of mandated retention, investigations, evidence,
and court testimony.
- Ability to train others in security and safety related areas
- Proficiency level of "Survival" in American Sign Language (ASL) as
the Sign Language Proficiency Interview or agreement to acquire the
within three years.
- Knowledge of computers and telecommunications equipment including word
databases, electronic mail, fire alarm systems, and security alarm systems.
- Must be willing to work various shifts to accommodate agency/department
which may include weekends and holidays. This responsibility includes
shift coverage and/or coordination of shift coverage during unforeseen
- Must be able to carry out the physical activities of a certified School
Officer as defined by the VA Code and DCJS.
Note: A criminal history check will be required for final candidates.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications may be completed on-line at http://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov.
assistance call TDD (540) 332-9069 or visit our website at
Optional Applicant Documents
Required Applicant Documents
Name Nathan McLamb
Email: Nathan.McLamb at vsdbs.virginia.gov
Address: P. O. Box 2069
Staunton, VA 24402
Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA
More information about the nfbmi-talk