[nfbmi-talk] Jobs Reposted

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 11:30:52 UTC 2014

Maybe we should move to Minnesota. Check out this:
The following information is forwarded to you by the Great Lakes ADA Center
(
www.adagreatlakes.org)
for your information:

FYI.  The State of Minnesota has called for a 7% increased employment for
persons with disabilities by the State of Minnesota by 2018.   A copy of the
Executive
Order is below:

STATE OF MINNESOTA

EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT

MARK DAYTON

GOVERNOR

Executive Order 14-14

Providing for Increased State Employment of Individuals with Disabilities

I, Mark Dayton, Governor of the State of Minnesota, by virtue of the
authority vested in me by the Constitution and the applicable statutes, do
hereby issue
this Executive Order:

Whereas, the State of Minnesota, the state's largest employer, can serve as
a model for the employment of individuals with disabilities through improved
recruitment, hiring, and retention;

Whereas, the Governor's Workforce Development Council identified individuals
with disabilities as an underutilized source of talent necessary to meet
workforce
needs;

Whereas, the percentage of state employees self-identified as having a
disability declined from approximately 10% in 1999 to less than 4% in 2013;

Whereas, the State of Minnesota has the responsibility to ensure that its
workforce reflects the diversity of the state's population and is able to
meet
projected workforce shortages by ensuring all qualified individuals

are recruited and retained;

Whereas, to be competitive in the global economy, the State of Minnesota
must use the talents and important contributions of all workers, including
individuals
with disabilities; and

Whereas, Executive Order 13-01 appointed and charged an Olmstead Sub-Cabinet
to swiftly implement standards set forth in the Olmstead decision and the
mandates
of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities

Act (ADA) through coordinated efforts of designated State agencies. These
efforts must ensure that all Minnesotans have the opportunity, both now and
in
the future, to live close to their families and friends, to

live more independently, to engage in productive employment, and to
participate in community life.

Now, Therefore, I hereby order that:

1) In accordance with Minnesota Statutes, section 43A.19, all Executive
Branch Agencies use their best efforts to comply with the Affirmative Action
Goals
set by Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) stating that state agencies are
to increase employment for people with disabilities to at least seven
percent
by August, 2018.

2) Within 120 days of this order, the Commissioner of MMB, Assistant
Commissioner of Enterprise and Human Resources, and the State Director for
Equal Opportunity,
Diversity and Inclusion will design a model for recruitment and hiring
strategies to increase employment of people with disabilities. These
strategies
will include required training programs for hiring managers and human
resources personnel, and are to include clear

benchmarks to ensure implementation of this order.

3) Each Executive Branch Agency develops an agency plan for promoting
employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. The plans are to
include
specific recruitment and training programs for employment. Plans should be
developed in consultation with the Commissioner of MMB, and are to include
clear
performance targets and goals.

4) In implementing their plans, Executive Branch Agencies, to the extent
possible and permitted by law, should use an on-the-job demonstration
process pursuant
to Minnesota Statutes, section 43A.15, subdivision 14. Additionally, MMB
will work with Executive Branch Agencies to increase awareness of supported
work
and the 700-hour program which provides trial work experience, internship,
and student worker opportunities for persons with significant disabilities.

5) Through the implementation of revised hiring processes, MMB should
collaborate with Minnesota IT Services to update hiring tools and ensure
accessibility
and usability for all people with disabilities applying for state jobs.

6) Within 120 days, the Commissioner of MMB shall implement a system for
reporting quarterly to the Governor on the progress of individual Executive
Branch
Agencies in implementing their plans. MMB, to the extent permitted by law,
shall compile and post on its website government-wide statistics on the
progress
made toward achieving the goals set forth in this order.

7) In keeping with the direction of the Olmstead Sub-Cabinet, every
Executive Branch Agency will continue to report on competitive employment
hiring financed
by federal and state funding. This information should be compiled and shared
publically on each agency's website.

8) Members of the State Disability Agency Forum are to serve as advisors to
the Commissioner of MMB, monitor the progress of the order, and make
recommendations
that help the state achieve its recruitment, retention, and hiring goals.

9) MMB should develop a procedure for Executive Branch Agencies to consult
with MMB for final resolution prior to denying any applicant or employee
reasonable
accommodation due to lack of funding. MMB will work with agencies to improve
the agencies' understanding of their responsibilities under the Americans
with Disabilities Act and Minnesota Statutes, section 43A.191, subdivision
2(b)(3). The cost of reasonable accommodations and accessibility should not
be a deterrent to hiring qualified individuals.

10) General Provisions

a. This order should be implemented consistent with Minnesota Statutes,
section 43A.19. It should not be constructed to require any state employee
to disclose
disability status involuntarily.

b. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit,
substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party
against
the state of Minnesota, its departments, agencies, or entities, its
officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, section 4.035, subdivision 2, this Order
shall be effective fifteen (15) days after publication in the State Register
and
filing with the Secretary of State, and shall remain in effect until

rescinded by proper authority or it expires in accordance with Minnesota
Statutes, section 4.035, subdivision 3.

In Testimony Whereof, I have set my hand on this 4th day of August, 2014.

Filed According to Law:

Mark Ritchie

Secretary of State