[nfbmi-talk] Call for resolutions

Mark Eagle markaeagle at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 15:47:05 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to have a brief discussion about convention
resolutions. In the past two years the resolutions committee has passed very
serious resolutions that impact the blind of Michigan.

For the most part these resolutions have been ignored, not
acted upon and/or shelved because of political reasons.

For example, the resolution to re-establish the Michigan
Commission for the Blind has not been acted upon. Because some in this
affiliate and the National negotiated for the second executive order over
Public Act 260. Having the idea that we need to go along to get along. Those
leaders choose to be content with a separate agency that share the same policy
making board.  An advisory board that
doesn’t allow for input or place the blind in positions of power. From a policy
stand point BSBP is already part of the general agency.

Here is the question I have for the list. What is the point
of submitting and passing resolutions if we as an affiliate don’;t follow
through with them?

Thanks,

Mark A. Eagle