[nfbmi-talk] CATA Expands Service In Delta Township

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 23 00:16:22 UTC 2014

Hello J.J.,

I also just read another Lansing State Journal article stating that this service is not intended for regular transportation for students. Although, it does not state if this includes college students who attend the LCC west campus. It also said the current source of funding will only last for three years. I am not sure where the funding will come from once these special grants run out. It has been rather tough to pass a transportation millage in the past, so it may be difficult to pass a millage in the future. But who knows, maybe the improvements to transportation services will promt future funding. Here is a link to the article if you are interested in reading it:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20140817/DELTAWAVERLY/308170036/Delta-CATA-agreement-works

Or at least I hope this link will take you to the article if you are interested in reading it. Sometimes my computer skills are not always the best, so I hope it was pasted correctly.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth