[nfbmi-talk] Owl Prowl Holiday Party

Donna Posont donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:55:53 UTC 2014

Owl Prowl Holiday Party

If you have ever considered checking out the Birding by Ear and Beyond program Saturday night, December 13, 2014, would be a good time to stick your big toe in the water or in this case in the woods. We will be celebrating the season by learning about the Michigan Owls and venturing into the natural area behind the UM-Dearborn Environmental Interpretive Center to call in some local owl residents. We will attempt to communicate with the Eastern Screech Owls and the Great Horned Owls that are nesting near the meadow. This fall a new species has been identified in the woods; the Sawwet Owl, only the size of a pop can, has been seen and heard in the woods surrounding Fairlane Lake. If you wish to skip the outdoor fun and involve yourself with the indoor fellowship and fun this party is also for you. We will be having pizza, cookies, and Michigan cider as well as the hot chocolate necessary after a walk in the evening woods. The festivities are from 6-9 p m in the Environmental Interpretive Center at 4901 Evergreen Rd. in Dearborn. For more information or help with transportation please contact Donna Posont at 313-220-8140. Gifts and games will be available for all in attendance. Plans for the new year will be unfolded including;

January 10, 2015 trip to present Birding by Ear at a nursing home, Great Backyard Bird Count to be held at Camp Tuhsmeheta, Celebrate Urban Birds-3, Backpacking on South Manatue Island and many more opportunities to adventure with others who are blind in Michigan’s great outdoor classroom.