[nfbmi-talk] board meeting time

Kim Mohnke kitties_kimmy at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 18:09:21 UTC 2014

Hello Dave,
Did I miss an announcement about a board meeting?  Can you elaborate on what you are talking about?  Because of my class schedule I haven't had the opportunity to attend the conference calls and feel out of the loop.  Are you talking about a conference call or the quarterly board meeting?
If you could clearify that would be helpful.
Kim Mohnke

 Dear board members,

    My concerns are many and my desire to
 resolve issues and develope a strong working envvironment
 for all of us is  also strong.   The
 downsize to having a get together earlier then the end of
 January are two fold:  it is a busy time of year for
 most,and secondly, we need to give everyone a chance to plan
 their travel.  The meeting should be open and we need
 to allow others to know that it is happening.
    Larry was gracious enough to attempt an
 earlier time, but we may need to wait.  It may be a
 good time for the board to reflect on the organization and
 what role they need to have in our future efforts to help
 the blind of Michigan and the nation.  We are the
 elected leaders and we need to determine how we should lead
 and what are our members expectations.  Let's not make
 more stress for us by trying to hurry a discussion that I
 hope will be meaningful and productive.
    I know we hoped to meet in Lansing, but
 J.J. brings up a good point about transportation which I
 hope we will consider.  It is not easy for anyone to
 get from town to town in Michigan, but lets see if we can
 make it good as we can for all.
    It is important that if we wait until the
 end of January, we will need to devote some time to our
 goals for this discussion, so perhaps we will need a full
 day plus some time to get through all that we need to
 accomplish, This will include our regular business and a
 report from Washington and other plans that we may have to
 make decisions on.
    Please let me hear your thoughts.

 Yours in Federationism,

 Dave Robinson