[nfbmi-talk] Fw: what happens to sellouts

David Robinson drob1946 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 01:09:17 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: David Robinson NFB MI
Cc: Mark Eagle ; terry Eagle ; J.J. Meddaugh NFB MI ; Larry Posont NFBMI Pres. ; Michael Powell NFB MI ; Fred wurtzel ; mary wurtzel ; Derek Moore
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 11:36 AM
Subject: what happens to sellouts

TO:                 Michigan Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired (MCBVI) Resolutions Committee

c/o Casey Dutmer (casey354 at comcast.net)

FROM:           Carol Bergquist, MCRS Chair

RE:                  MCBVI Position Statement

DATE:             August 6, 2014

At our recent Executive Team Meeting, we reviewed the Position Statement authored by your committee of the MCBVI and received via MCRS member Trina Edmondson on July 22, 2014. After discussion and consideration of your request, our members determined that the issues you have raised do not come under the state and federal mandates of the MCRS.  We appreciate the frustration expressed by the MCBVI committee.  Our understanding is that the creation and related role of the Commission for Blind Persons established in the Governor’s Executive Order (EO) 2012-10 provides for the expected organizational structure.  The MCRS was also created in that EO.  The structure for our Council is depicted in the EO and is derived from the federal mandates outlined in the Rehabilitation Act, as amended.  The EO indicates that the MCRS is required to review, analyze and advise each Public Vocational Rehabilitation service system in Michigan.  The Commission and our Council have very separate and distinct roles and responsibilities.  It would seem that the concerns expressed in your position statement might best be managed with those entities you had the previous conversations with in early 2012.  On behalf of our Executive Team, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to consider your request.