[nfbmi-talk] hr 831

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Feb 5 17:59:41 UTC 2014

Feb. 5, 2014

Paul “Joe” Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

(E-mailJ joeharcz at comcast.net.

Re: The Fair Wages for Workers with Disabilities Act of 2013 (HR 831)

Hon. Dan Kildee, U.S.  Rep., CD 5, MI

Flint District Office

801 S. Saginaw Street, Plaza Level

Flint, MI 48502

phone: 810-238-8627

c/o

Deputy District Director

Jacob Bennett

Jacob.bennett at mail.house.gov

Dear Rep. Kildee and Mr. Bennett,

I am a constituent from Mt. Morris who is blind and a member of the National Federation of the Blind. A delegation of members of our organization recently met with you in person to discuss a number of issues. While unfortunately, I could not make that trip to Washington our NFB MI delegation reported that you met with our representatives personally and were very attentive to the issues presented. Thus I sincerely thank you, sir for the time and considerate response.

Today, I again as a constituent would like to urge your co-sponsorship of The Fair Wages for Workers with Disabilities Act of 2013 (HR 831) which was one of the issues discussed.

The time to end the practice of sub-minimum wage exceptions for people with disabilities to come to an end is now in my opinion.

I will urge your support for other issues, and legislation under separate cover, and am submitting a link to a fact sheet on the aforementioned bill after my signature line for you and your staff’s convenience.

Again I wish to express my gratitude for your cordial response to our delegation. If you wish for more information on the bill or wish to contact me in this regards please feel free to do so via my e-mail address or phone. I would be delighted to assist.

Most Sincerely,

Paul “Joe” Harcz, Jr.

Member: NFB MI

(For fact sheet and other resources please linkJ

https://nfb.org/2014-fair-wages-workers-disabilities-fact-sheet