[nfbmi-talk] question about RSA data

Lydia Anne Schuck lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
Thu Feb 6 13:28:55 UTC 2014

Hello listfriends, I don't know if this is relevant to subminimum wage closures, but I have looked recently at the RSA 911 data at the state level.  In the column labeled Incidence of labor market closures per one hundred thousand state residents, since 1991 we have had somewhere between 2 and 5 per hundred thousand.  In our state of ten million, that works out to between 200 and 500 closures.  In 2009 there were only 167 labor market closures.  In 2010 and 2011, the number zero is entered in this column.

Why would this number have changed so drastically?  Have we changed what we count and the way we do it?

Lydia Schuck, MSEd
Research Associate, National Secondary Transition Technical Assistance Center
Western Michigan University
1908 W. Michigan Avenue, Mailstop 5259
Kalamazoo, MI  49008
phone 269.387.5990