[nfbmi-talk] official request 504 information manor

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 31 11:34:44 UTC 2014

January 31 2014 Request for Information Report Manor Foundation

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

Elmer Cerano, Exec. Dir. Michigan Protection and Advocacy Services, Inc.

Mark Cody, Esq.

Mark McWilliams, Esq.

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cerano, et al,

I draw your attention to the following from the May 15, 2012 Michigan Protection and Advocacy Services, Inc. board of Directors meeting:

““Mark Cody gave an update on the Manor Foundation investigation which is a Child Caring Institution located in Jonesville, Michigan.  After MPAS became active in monitoring the facility a few years ago, MPAS entered into an agreement with the Manor detailing steps that they had to take to end the use of restraint and seclusion. The agreement was successful but not as much as had hoped.    Crystal Grant through the Freedom of Information Act received a Notice of Intent to Modify License for the Manor.  This is a 42 page report that noted 95 violations with 51 substantiated.

“

Now as the report here is a public record and as MPAS is required to follow the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 I, Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr., a person who is blind am formally requesting this 42 page report in accessible format and a timely manner.

I request that this report is sent to me as either a plain text attachment and/or a plain text enclosure to my e-mail address listed above, for I use a screen reader.

I thank you in advance for your prompt, and accessible response.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.