[nfbmi-talk] Fw: cap report to mcrs

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 31 12:01:18 UTC 2014

January 31, 2014

All,

Whatever happened to dozens of complaints made by me in the public domain
and in writing relative to basic ADA/504 compliance in providing information
to me and other blind persons in accessible formats and a timely manner made
against both BSBP and The Disability Network? Note the acts of
discrimination were and are highly documented. Note, both also include other
direct violations of the ADA/504 in that there is documented retaliation
involved and direct denials of access to meetings (TDN) and to meeting
information of both agencies.

In addition I and other blind persons have documented abuse and civil rights
violations in the Administrative Hearing process that goes on to this very
day. There is no due process for persons who are blind in Michigan. And note
even in the state plan which is ignored the DSA has final agency
determination over cases! That is outrageously   violative of the Rehab Act
and any notion of due process and equal protection under law. But blind
people don't even get notices of anything related to administrative hearings
in their alternate format even upon request. So we are denied from the get
go.

Moreover, going back to access MAHS is a quasi-judicial entity and it is
obligated to be fully accessable to all PWD which it is not under Tennnesee
v. Lane.

But the fact remains that Brian doesn't even denote my numerous complaints
here let alone others who are blind whom I know of. And that goes to a very
core problem with CAP itself!

For CAP and its personnell don't return calls in a timely manner, and nor do
they understand the core issues of effective communications for persons who
are blind.

I do expect a written response to this and want to know what the MCRS, CAP,
and MPAS are going to do about protecting the rights of the blind in the VR
and IL process.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.