[nfbmi-talk] mentoring program

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:01:31 UTC 2014

7189 Connors Rd.
Munising, MI 49862

June 5, 2014

Dear Michigan Federationists:

     Please read the message below about the mentoring program at
National Convention and distribute it far and wide.

Sincerely,
Larry Posont
President
 (906) 387-3546
Email: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
 Web page: www.nfbmi.org

Munising home of the beautiful Pictured Rocks.
Hello Larry,

My name is Lillie Pennington and I am on the National Association of
Blind Students (NABS) Mentoring Committee. I am writing to inform you
about the mentoring program in hopes that you can help pass it on to
students and young professionals who could benefit from the program.

The program will take place at the 2014 National Convention. It is
mainly intended for  students (high school or college) as well as
young professionals who could use a mentor during their first
Convention, as well as mentors (college students or young
professionals) who have been through the ropes of national conventions
and can give the mentees a hand. Mentees and mentors will also be
matched based on their career goals.

There is a meeting on the first night of Convention at 6:00 P.M., and
there will be a meeting later in the week. During these meetings,
mentees and mentors will have a chance to network.

The link to both the mentor and mentee forms is at

http://nabslink.org/content/2014-national-convention-mentoring-program

Thank you and I hope you can pass this on to someone who can benefit
from this. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to
answer them.

Sincerely,

Lillie Pennington