[nfbmi-talk] What's Up With Non-24;

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 8 20:06:48 UTC 2014

It is a real condition. I have it. I have been  totally blind since birth, for forty-three years. There is a new medication that was
just FDA approved by Vanda that is supposed to treat this circadian rhythm disorder. In order to sleep deeply, I need to take
Melatonin, plus retire at the same time every night. I also take another medication for migraines that has a side effect of causing
sleepiness. Even with these two medications, I still have nights where I can hear everything going on around me and where I do not
get into a deep restful sleep. Vanda has been a cosponsor of the NFB National Convention for the last year or two.

Sincerely,
Terri Wilcox
Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan