[nfbmi-talk] Teacher seeking blind role models

Lydia Anne Schuck lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
Mon May 5 12:45:27 UTC 2014

Hi List Friends:
I was at a meeting on Friday with some teachers.  One teacher asked how she could be put in touch with more blind adults who could tell about their work.  She mentioned that Marcus Simmons had visited her class.  She also said how much the kids were interested in the race car he brought to the school, but even more interested that a blind person could pursue a career that involved cars.  Way to go Marcus!! (I hope I got the message right).

I wondered if perhaps we could think of a way to get a list of recommended speakers to this teacher and to others.  What do you all think?

Lydia Schuck