[nfbmi-talk] my response to rodgers

joe harcz Comcast via nfbmi-talk nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 17:04:26 UTC 2014

Following is my response to Rodgers at the May 16 MISILC meeting. (He is a serial civil rights violator and a public official who accounts to no one for his expenditures and actions).

Joe Harcz

Do I have anybody in the room that would like to provide public comment?

          Do I have anybody on the phone that would like to provide public comment?

     >> Yes, ma'am.

     >> Sara:  You may continue.

     >> Joe Hartz again.  Without being redundant the Americans with disability act and the rehabilitation act requires of all recipients of Federal funds including this board, including MRS, including BSBP is that all documents related to these public meetings are made accessible ProForma and available upon request.  For the most part, for the most part and I give everybody credit, MRS does this, the SILC does this, but this goes to everything.  All the things that you guys have in your packet.  When it comes to BSBP, they don't even supply simple minutes.  Even upon request let alone a response.  Let alone required Federal data that is being talked about today, let alone things like RSA-15 reports or this 70 B reports.  As a matter of fact, I don't even get a response to a request for most of these things.  Or they get turned illegally in to a-FOIA request.  State law in that manipulation does not trump Federal civil rights laws, I have taken copious documentation of this ladies and gentlemen and going back without again being redundant, everything, you know, you folks are requesting of the board, you know, the minutes of its public or this corporation and in a format, those are supposed to be made accessible to me upon request as well.

The same thing when it comes to centers for independent living.  I have been denied full access to the Disability Network's board meetings in direct violation, in direct violation of part 6 of the general provisions of the rehab act.

In other words, those are open to the public.  I'm told that this is a private nonprofit and yet the open meetings act and the rehab act itself requires that these meetings are made open and the materials related to them are made open.  Period, end of story.  A failure to do that is a close act of discrimination against this person and in direct violation of my fundamental civil rights.  In addition to some of the comments made by Mr. Rogers today, relative to the Anderson building and that type of thing, the public, and that includes you, me and the man behind the tree, has the right to know how the Federal VR funds are spend in this program.  Period.  And they are not disclosed, ladies and gentlemen.

They are not disclosed at all.  To anybody.  We had several millions of dollars going into this program.  Not to aid the blind, not to aid people with disabilities but to go around the merry go round with absolutely no accountability.

I am frankly disgusted with the core mission, the core mission of both the VR and the IL programs being overlooked.  And the core points of access being overlooked.  And in demonstrable, le fashion.  When I ask Valarie for things in the public record and I'm going to single her out in a good way, you know, including related to the CART on this meeting, she responded immediately.  Immediately.  Which is what a good public servant is supposed to do.  I thank you very much.

     >> Sara:  Thank you for your comments; do we have anybody else on the phone that would like to provide public comment?

     Okay,