[nfbmi-talk] The new governmental Affairs list

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 23:36:09 UTC 2014

Keeping our eye on the prize here. This is a resolution of convention
assembled and under our constitution it is the will of the membership and
the board is obligated to fulfill it and things associated with it. It is
very governmental affairs related and it is very NFB related to the extreme.

Joe Harcz
Resolution 2012-01

A RESOLUTION TO RE-ESTABLISH THE MICHIGAN COMMISSION FOR THE BLIND THROUGH
AN ACT OF THE LEGISLATURE

WHEREAS, Executive Order 2012 - 10 abolishes the Board of Commissioners,

established by Public Act 260 of 1978, as amended, section 393.352 of
Michigan Compiled Laws; and

WHEREAS, The abolition of the Michigan Commission for the Blind Board of

Commissioners under Executive Order 2012 - 10 eliminates the Commission
board's

participation to develop and set the policies that affect the lives of blind
citizens both

personally and professionally; and

WHEREAS, Executive Order 2012 -10 does not comply with PA 260 of 1978

and the Executive order Act of 1965 and other federal regulations required
under the Rehabilitation Services Administration as the Board of
Commissioners has been

abolished and replaced with an Advisory Board. The Advisory Board is only to
advise the Director of the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons; and;

WHEREAS, Executive order 2012-10 grants to The director of Licensing and

Regulatory Affairs the authority to make final agency decisions related to
grievances

filed under due process rights granted by promulgated rules against the
department

providing no fair and impartial review and judgement of such adjudication,
thereby

creating an unethical conflict of interest: Now Therefore,

BE IT RESOLVED by the National Federation of the
Blind of Michigan in convention assembled this 20th day of October, 2012 in
the City of Dearborn, Michigan that that this organization calls upon the
Michigan

Legislature to enact a bill to abolish the Bureau of Service for Blind
Persons and the

position of Director and to re-establish the Michigan Commission for the
Blind, The Board of Commissioners and position of Director, and all other
rights to the Commission Board found in P.A. 260.