[nfbmi-talk] general versis governmental afares

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 03:55:56 UTC 2014

We do not serve our youth who are blind or adults for that matter; nor do we
raise expectations by "dumming down" everything sir.

It is because I believe in the potential of all of us who are blind that I
will not lower expectations or be stifled concerning complex issues
including those related to basic citizenship, involvement and civil rights,
and other "governmental hoopla" as you put it.

If we in the Federation advocate as we do for equal access and participation
in STEM education then are we to lower expectations on blind youth over
social sciences including basic civics, social studies, economics, history
and law?

Or do we promote ignorance amongst our youth?

Or are we saying this stuff is just too hard for blind people to understand
and thus lower our expectations in a paternalistic manner that will keep
them, us doomed to live in the dark vessel of self-imposed ignorance?

It is because I have high expectations of you, personally Jeff that I make
these statements and ask these questions.

Joe