[nfbmi-talk] What I we can show to all

Nadia A. Coffi nadiaacioffi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:27:09 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I'm neither NFB or ACB or affiliated with many blindness organizations nor do I wish to provide input on ever issue--when I speak I'd rather it not fall on deaf ears. J.J, your response was more inviting then I can recall on this list for some time and it's noted by me personally.

I've talked to Joe in private and he clearly feels attacked by the issue--the root of this issue as I see it is when your a president or have a tittle of any kind--presidents give the impressions to all and represents a state and frankly it could be the impression of the NFB. It's not the title you hold but how you represent what your attached to. I've been blessed to shown this by others--but, I ask this not needed an answer but as a thought.

Do new leaders have leadership training? Or guidance from someone or two who have as defined by the group has been successful at carrying out the mission, recruiting new members, delegating tasks to those with passion and skills. Most of all a good leader knows when to ask for help, hear what others say and use this information or short what's not.

The question is a skills and representation and sometimes knowing to confirm to what works (known to) and knowing when to add to it is key.

On the topic of Jeff there are things that are better private. I'm disagree I that the questions went public, but understand why they were asked.

Regardless if a tittle looks cool, is given to you, than the person also must see there is a reason. It's not about the tittle --it's about what you positively do with it that helps the group. I could be a president too. But, if do nothing with it why would it be given to me, if I've not obtained the skills yet, if I'm going against what others tought me than why  I'm i president?

There is thinking I understand and knowing the difference can help you or not knowing can cast not only the person.

It's evident that topic is heated--members say it's not allowed (maybe why should be expressed) it's not my place to so--as a member of any kind knowing this to is vital. Joe answered a question with lots of questions about the weather that's calked diverting. It's a way humans defend ourselves we all do some form of it...

maybe having a members only conference call with someone on either said moderate so things can be expressed and a plan of action for change can be agreed on. Do not ask me to moderate a call, I've overstepped as I'm not someone with much background of the NFB rules and operations.

I hope this is handed in way that respects all and represents the NFB in the way that it should be known.

Nadia