[nfbmi-talk] Thanksgiving

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Thu Nov 27 04:39:01 UTC 2014

Hello Fellow Federationists,

I am writing to express my thanks to all of you for all you do.  Doing our
work, especially as volunteers, is a labor of love.  We are a passionate
group who is willing to express our passion through lots of channels.  Some
of us like meetings, some like the internet, some like selling stuff.  Of
course, there are lots of us who do lots of other stuff and I am glad that
Mark likes being Treasurer, since I would not enjoy this.  Terri does a
splendid job of keeping our minutes.  These are just 2 examples of members
who have taken on more than their share of work.   Our committee people are
our front line people to carry out our work in an orderly and effective way.
Thank you to all who serve on committees and especially to those who have
the virtually thankless job of chairing committees and Divisions.

As a blind person, I thank all of you for your work which directly makes my
life better.  Thank you to Larry for his leadership.  Talk about a job which
takes fortitude, the NFB state presidency is at the top.  It can be
rewarding and maddening all in the same moment.

So thanks to everyone who goes to their chapter meetings and to those who
lead our affiliate.  Everyone is important and is to be valued.  Remember to
thank someone when they do a good job, or even a job of most any kind.  At
least they are stepping up.  Practice makes perfect.  Don't worry if you
don't think you can do a perfect job.  Lots of us will help and we can learn
together.

Warmest Thanksgiving Regards,

Fred