[nfbmi-talk] iowa bep program in the news challenged

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Nov 27 12:47:42 UTC 2014

Federal law does not supercede state interpretation of its bogus laws Terry!
Ed Rodgers has said as much before public hearings including SILC meetings,
MCRS meetings and the BSBP Commission meetings. He has said flatly for
example that his twisted interpretation of the FOIA supercedes federal civil
rights guarantees to information under the ADA and Rehab Act. He is a
states-righter in the same vein as those who ran the Jim Crow South with
segregation and segregation is the real goal for we wouldn't want blind
folks actually working in the public and in integrated settings would we, in
spite of ED 2014-1?

And when it comes to the BEP program here Rodgers and his masters think that
the program is for the employment of sighted and non-disabled people, mostly
connected student assistants and other civil servants paid for with federal
V.R. dollars to serve the elites in State government again on the V.R. dime.
And the heck with the Rehab Act once again which basically says V.R. dollars
are supposed to go to V.R. things including the vocational rehabilitation in
this instance of Michigan citizen's who are blind..

We'll have none of that sort of nonsense  here in Michigan.

I mean why should we spend the taxpayer's monies on programs they were
purposed for and which blind persons fought for when we can have highly paid
hacks and cronies steal the money outright? That wouldn't be prudent use of
these valuable federal funds. We know better.

Best,

The Snyder Gang

.