[nfbmi-talk] disability connection questions

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 14:49:47 UTC 2014

October 15 2014 Disability Connection Inquiry

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

Edward F. Rodgers II, Director

Mich. Bureau Services for Blind Persons (BSBP)

Leamon Jones, BSBP

Mike Pemble, BSBP

(Via e-mail)

Sirs,

I point your attention to the payments made by BSBP (after my signature line) to Disability Connection, the Center for Independent Living in Muskegon, Michigan. I have the same questions that are quite basic and should be forthcoming from you related to other payments to CILs here in Michigan from BSBP. They are:

-What programs and services were these payments for?

-What unique, non-duplicative services did this CIL provide to blind persons?

-Were these programs and services even announced on BSBP’s web site or in other media?

-Were these programs and services, if any accessible to blind persons?

These are very simple questions sirs.

You are highly paid public officials, all making more than $100,000 per year and are stewards of copious federal funds from RSA and through the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended. I wish to simply know what these expenditures were for and how they promoted independent living of persons who are blind.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.