[nfbmi-talk] minutes request and more mpas

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Oct 19 14:23:42 UTC 2014

October 19 2014 MPAS Minutes Timely

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810-516-5262

Re: Minutes and Other Obligations of MPAS

Elmer Cerano, Executive Director

Michigan Protection & Advocacy Service, Inc.

4095 Legacy Pkwy Ste 500

Lansing, MI 48911-4264

Dear Mr. Cerano,

I am writing today to request the “proposed” or “draft minutes” of the MPAS Board’s most recent meeting (see OMA after signature line. In case you wish to claim that the Michigan Open Meetings Act or the Michigan FOIA aren’t applicable to your predominately publicly funded agency I note that you’ve been informed of case law in the past which counters that argument. Moreover, as a recipient of federal funds you are obligated to Follow Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and I point your attention to the general non-discrimination provisions of that civil rights law as well. It is remarkable to me that the “law firm” for people with disabilities and which is charged to enforce our civil rights doesn’t seem to apply them to itself. And let me remind you that MPAS wouldn’t even exist without copious federal funding and mandates like Section 509 of the Rehab Act itself. In short you and MPAS have been discriminating against the very people it is to represent including my person and that needs to end immediately!

There are other issues and citations I can send, but these are enough.

Now, as a person who is blind and pursuant to other relevant sections of 504 and Title III of the ADA which I’ve sent you I am requesting timely delivery of these minutes in my most effective format which is to have them sent to my e-mail address listed above as either a Word attachment or plain text enclosure.

Any delay or obfuscations in this regards or any lack of a response is actionable, so I thank you in advance for a timely, affirmative response.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.