[nfbmi-talk] New Socially Responsible ETF Hits The Market, Focusing On The Disabled

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 20:07:38 UTC 2015

Hello to all.

Because I always have my ear to the ground looking for things that
could benefit the blind and others with a physical nuisance, and
because it's related to what I do, this is intriguing.  Those of us
who have disabilities now have made our voice heard in the marketplace
so loudly that at least one globally renowned investment management
firm has an exchange-traded note available that captures the
performance of stocks of companies that treat disabled consumers and
employees wel.  These companies also are known to display a spirit of
innovation with respect to how products and services can benefit the
disabled in ways heretofore not explored.  It's Barclays Return On
Disability, and the ticker symbol is RODI.
http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/147998/new-socially-responsible-etf-hits-the-market-focusing-on-the-disabled

This note does not constitute a professional endorsement as yet, since
I've not been tracking the performance of this ETN long enough to
understand how greatly owning it truly would benefit investors.  And I
know that given the prevalence of unemployment and underemployment
among disabled persons in our culture today, perhaps relatively few
blind persons have money to invest.  But for those of us who do, we
now have the option of placing our money where our cause is.  Just
FYI.

Kind regards,

-Kane