[nfbmi-talk] Reflections

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Thu Jan 15 04:27:02 UTC 2015

Hello Dave,
Thank you for this message.  What you say is exactly how we all need to be
thinking.  What Larry says is very true.  We have vast opportunities never
known by as many blind people as now.  I would say that it is in large part,
if not entirely,  the organization of the NFB and its predecessors who have
caused this to happen.  One cannot say enough about a little blind kid from
France who took his future inn his hands and created a portable system for
reading and writing which allowed large numbers of blind people to be
educated.  Educated blind people made connections through schools for the
blind and then organized to create employment opportunities.  I doubt
whether the NFB could have been born without Braille.

Thanks to you and Larry for these comments.

Warmest Regards,

Fred