[nfbmi-talk] FW: ] KNFB Reader App and Be My Eyes App

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 15:11:56 UTC 2015

Two document reader apps for smart phone.

KNFB Reader App
The KNFB Reader App is now $49.99, it was originally $99.00.  This is an
iPhone app.  The KNFB Reader App is an App that you can use to take a
picture of a document and it will read the document to you.

Be My Eyes iPhone App
This is a free app for now, andit's funded through September.  I don't know
who owns or created this app, but it sounds like it could be very useful.
It would be great if blind users gave it a try in support of the effort.  It
has over 8000 blind users, over 99,000 volunteers, and has assisted in over
21,000 requests so far.

Blind Users access app and get linked to sighted volunteer who can assist in
reading labels, expiration dates on food, alerting to surroundings, all
kinds of stuff that in any given moment you just need that quick
identification of something.

Get to the article direct here:
http://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=12200

Direct link to Be My Eyes here: http://www.bemyeyes.org/
Load the App in the Apple App Store (search Be My Eyes to find it), it's
free for now.