[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Fw: web access difficult for people withdisabilities inMichigan

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 12:31:17 UTC 2015

Thank you Joe for this wealth of usful information in one e-mail post.

To sum it up, the more things change, the more theings stay the same.

The most interesting things are, first, as Larry Posont has repeatedly
pointed out, this is not a problem with just the Republican administrations
or the Democrat administrations, as both parties have failed miserably in
the accessibility arena over years and years.  Secondly, this post shows the
same players have known about, been informed, been involved in, and have
done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the LACK OF ACCESSIBILITY TO INFORMATION AND
PROGRAMS within MICHIGAN GOVERNMENT!  This translates to, as Joe often
points out, total indifference to the accessibility needs of Michigan blind
citizens, potential and eligible program consumers.  And the problem is
getting worse rather than better, as I have pointed out with the now
inaccessible civil service job application portion of the updated MCSC
website, despite lip-service from Snyder Executive Directive 2014-1, and
media dog and pony show by the Lt. Governor Calley and Supreme Court Justice
Richard Bernstein going around the state on their
 Media blitz.

Then there are those whom are mandated to advocate and take action to
resolve and remove barriers, such as MPAS and the MSRC, and do ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING toward ACCESSIBILITY and NON-DISCRIMINATION.  This posting
demonstrates, for at LEAST FIVE YEARS, those entities have had knowledge of
the plight of blind citizens, and have failed in their duty to act in the
best interest of persons with disAbilities!  Where is the Justice for
Equality, Opportunity, and Security for blind persons?