[nfbmi-talk] Notes from Last Night's Call

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Fri Mar 27 13:35:56 UTC 2015

I know some people had difficulties calling in last night, so thought
I'd pass along a few notes from the call. Of course Terri will have much
mor detail in the minutes, and this is not intended to be a complete
summary.

National convention. If you want assistance from the affiliate, please
Email Larry by May 1. Also, if you have never attended, you should apply
for a Jernigan scholarship by April 15 which will cover many of your costs.

DOES Seminar. 28 people are registered. Jordyn posted a separate message
on the list with more info. Very excited for this event in teaching our
philosophy and building membership.

Mugs. This is still being worked on. We want to make sure that braille
mugs will have proper-looking braille among other things.

Michigan Flyer. The court hearing has been pushed back to April 28. We
plan to support our resolution at this hearing.

Summer Science. Fred has completed the brochure, and questions of
liability have been answered. The wheels are in motion.

State Scholarship. Terri has completed the forms and they will begin to
be distributed. Two scholarships are available, one for $1,000 and one
for $500.

We're working on the conference line and will likely try a new number at
the next meeting.

Spring board meeting. Is May 24 in Ann Arbor.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
J.J.