[nfbmi-talk] Join Michigan Students for a Weekend of Federation Fun and Friendship

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:25:05 UTC 2015

Hello All,

Are you a blind high school student, college student, or young adult
wondering how to be a successful blind student? Are you a blind high school
student, college student, or young adult looking to connect with other blind
people just like you? If you answered yes to either one of these questions,
the Michigan Association of Blind Students invites you to join us for an
exciting weekend of fun, food, and friendship.

The festivities will take place as part of the state convention of the
National Federation of the Blind of Michigan at the Causeway Bay Hotel &
Conference Center located at 6820 S Cedar St., Lansing, MI 48911 from
Friday, November 6, 2015 through Sunday, November 8, 2015. We encourage
everyone to register and attend the entire convention. However, any blind
student or young adult is welcomed to join us for any of our events.

We start the weekend on Friday evening by gathering at 6:00 pm in the hotel
lobby before heading off to the hotel restaurant for dinner. If you find
yourself running a bit behind, and miss us in the lobby, please feel free to
meet up with us at the hotel restaurant when you get to the hotel.

The Friday night festivities continue as we all get to know each other
better through fun interactive icebreaker games from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
However, the fun does not have to stop here just because our agenda stops
here, so please feel free to hang out for as late as you want.

So now that we have had our fun on Friday night, it is time to get down to
business with our annual student seminar on Saturday from 12:15 pm to 1:45
pm. Lunch will be included as part of the seminar for $10 per person, and
annual dues to join the student division are $5.

The seminar will feature an address from our national Representative, Kevan
Worley and an update from the First Vice-President of the National
Association of Blind Students, Candice Chapman. We will also be holding
elections at the end of the meeting. If you wish to seek a position during
the elections, or vote during the elections, you must pay the $5 membership
dues.

And if you have not had enough fun for the weekend, how about walking away
with a $100 Apple gift card, a $50 Amazon gift card, and an item from the A
T guys? Yes, this is correct. You will have a chance of winning each of
these three fabulous prizes with the purchase of a raffle ticket. We will be
selling raffle tickets for $5 per ticket or $20 for five tickets. We will be
drawing the winners of the raffle prizes during the convention banquet on
Saturday night. Winners must be present to claim their prize.

We would like to get a head count for both the restaurant dinner on Friday
night as well as the business lunch on Saturday afternoon. Please fill out a
short survey at https://goo.gl/r4iG5A  to help us with our head count.
Hopefully this link comes through okay. For additional questions, please
contact Jordyn Castor at students at nfbmi.org. We look forward to seeing you
as we share a weekend full of fun, food, and friendship with you.

Warm regards,

Elizabeth Mohnke

Convention Spokesperson,

Michigan Association of Blind Students