[nfbmi-talk] Call from NFB president

David Robinson drob1946 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:32:36 UTC 2015

Dear Federationists,

   The president of the National Federation of the Blind, Mark Rickabono, has called upon all Michigan Federationists to join with others in a protest of the scheduled ADA celebration to be held in Lansing on Thursday, September 17 at the State Capitol.  This protest is designed to bring public attention to the abuse of agencies who are supposed to be serving people with disabilities, including the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons. We hope to carry our message of violations of the ADA by the very agencies sponsoring this celebration including every agency and department of State government, and the sub minimum wage abuses carried out against many with disabilities.
   We will be gathering in front of the State Capitol on Thursday around 10:30 a.m.  Please come and be ready to let your voice be heard.
   If you need financial assistance to attend, please contact Larry Posont at 313-727-3546.

Dave Robinson