[nfbmi-talk] Yankee Air Museum Touch Tour

Lydia Anne Schuck lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
Fri Feb 5 21:02:05 UTC 2016

Hello Listfriends, Dan Furton at the Bureau asked me to spread the word on this event. (Lansing folks might remember Dan as a part of our chapter a long time ago.)
Hi Everyone.

Please see the attached document regarding a touch tour of the Yankee Air Museum in Belleville, Michigan.  People with visual impairments (and their companions) are invited to attend the museum at no charge. Text is also pasted below.

Yankee Air Museum:  Touch Tour Coming Soon!
Have you ever wanted to get up close and personal with an aircraft or historical artifacts? Now is your chance to do just that! On March 5, 2016, Yankee Air Museum will hold its first Touch Tour for visitors with visual impairment!
A touch tour offers a unique perspective of the Museum’s artifacts for guests with visual impairment or low-vision/no-vision.  Touch tours give people the opportunity to further their understanding of the artifacts on display by being able to build up a mental picture of the object.
Yankee Air Museum will offer five Touch Tours throughout the day on Saturday, March 5, 2016.
Touch Tour Times:
10:30AM – 10 guests
11:30AM – 10 guests
12:30PM – 10 guests
1:30PM – 10 guests
2:30PM – 10 guests
Please call or email our Curatorial Director to register for a tour today!
(734) 483-4030 or Julie.Osborne at YankeeAirMuse