[nfbmi-talk] Pumpkin Patch Party for All Ages at Camp T - Oct 21-23

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Mon Oct 10 22:39:19 UTC 2016

2016 Pumpkin Patch Party
When: Friday, October 21,  5:00 PM - Sunday, October 23, 10:00 AM
Where: Camp Tuhsmeheta, 10500 Lincoln Lake Rd NE, Greenville, MI 48838

Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year. Why not spend a
weekend with your family at Camp T and enjoy all that nature has to
offer. This year, we are celebrating one of fall's greatest bounties:
pumpkins. Explore the over 300 acres of Camp T with a fall-themed
scavenger hunt. Learn about pumpkin science and have some slimy fun with
hands-on experiments from our resident blind chemist Ashley Neybert.
Learn about the natural world with our always exuberant naturalist Donna
Posont. You'll even get to cook something tasty to take home with you.

Our Pumpkin Patch Party is designed for blind and visually impaired
youth and families of all ages. We emphasize nonvisual techniques and
role modeling from older blind mentors in providing a rich educational
and fun experience for all.

For more information or to let us know you are planning on attending,
please Email J.J. Meddaugh at jj at bestmidi.com. Please let us know how
many people you plan on bringing and if they have any dietary needs.
We hope that you are able to bring the whole family, but may also be
able to accomodate your child without supervision. Camp T is a second
home for us, and we hope you come to share it with us on October 21-23.
This weekend is generously made possible by Birding by Ear and Beyond
and the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan.