[nfbmi-talk] Lyft Rideshare Expansion in Michigan

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Fri Feb 24 03:26:31 UTC 2017

The Lyft rideshare service is in a bunch of new cities in Michigan,
notable because they've added some that Uber does not currently cover.

Today they added Kalamazoo, Saginaw, Jackson, Mt. Pleasant, and Midland
which generally includes nearby suburbs. I use Lyft and Uber all the
time as a means of transportation and am happy to talk anyone through
using it.

Here's a referral link which will get you a free ride on Lyft. Once you
sign up, you can tell your friends and get free rides for yourselves.

http://www.lyft.com/invited/JASON4232

Fares depend on the city, but are generally around 75 cents to $1 a mile
plus a time and booking fee. A $130 cab from Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids
is about $40 in a rideshare vehicle. many short trips are between $5 and
$10.

Naturally, there will be cases where this makes sense and others that a
bus, door-to-door or some other method works better. For me, it's an
option and one that I personally use often.

Happy traveling.

J.J.