[nfbmi-talk] Citizen Science does not exclude the blind

donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:20:30 UTC 2017

            This past weekend, Feb 17-19 blind participants, family and friends, contributed to the Great Backyard Bird Count at     Camp Tuhsmeheta in Kent County, Michigan. Hiking the trails enabled us to identify winter bird residents and five returning or migrating Sand Hill Cranes by using our ears. The glorious weather made the experience all the better and the sounds of the woods all the sweeter. You may know that we were supposed to go snowshoeing. Alas, we traded that for many outdoor activities as well as fun, fellowship and the always popular Birdbrain Jeopardy. If you still wish to snowshoe we may be able to at our next weekend when we welcome back spring, March 24-26 at Camp Tuhsmeheta. For more information consult the attached schedule or call Donna Posont at 313-220-8140.