[nfbmi-talk] convention assistance

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 15:41:45 UTC 2017

Hello all.

At our February state board meeting the board approved funds to assist
people who would like some financial help to attend our national convention
in Orlando,  July 10-15.  In talking to a chapter president who would be
announcing this at an upcoming meeting it occurred to me that we did not
settle on a cutoff date for requests.

Therefore, if you would like some financial help to attend our national
convention please contact me by June 1, 2017.  This should give you plenty
of time to make your travel arrangements and for me to get the necessary
funds that will be given to you when we have our affiliate caucus after we
arrive in Orlando.   .      My contact information will appear at the end of
this announcement followed by some of the national convention registration
information from nfb.org.  It should be understood that all who attend our
convention are requested, and those receiving assistance are expected to
participate in convention activities by working our exhibit table, attending
convention sessions, and the banquet.  Generally,  all of us who attend the
convention participate in these activities regularly as it is a good way to
meet people from all over the country and the world who are part of our
federation family.

So if you would like some help to participate in our convention contact me
by email or phone and we will have a good turn out from our state at
national convention.

Thank you.  My contact information and national convention information is
below.

Michael Powell

President

(586)754-1325

Mpowell7583 at yahoo.com

president at nfbmi.org

National Convention 2017

When:

Monday, July 10-Saturday, July 15, 2017

Where:

Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
9939 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32819-9357

Preregistration:

Preregistration is now open. When purchased online by May 31st, the
preregistration fee for convention is $25 ($30 on-site) and the cost of a
banquet ticket is $60 ($65 on-site).

Preregister online <https://convention.nfb.org/>  now or use the mail-in,
fillable PDF form
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/documents/pdf/2017_national_convention_preregist
ration_form.pdf> .

Hotel Information and Room Rates:

The 2017 room rates are singles and doubles, $83; and triples and quads,
$89. In addition to the room rates there will be a tax, which at present is
12.5 percent. No charge will be made for children under seventeen in the
room with parents as long as no extra bed is requested. Please note that the
hotel is a no-smoking facility.

For 2017 convention room reservations you can call the hotel at (866)
996-6338 after January 1. You may also write directly to the Rosen Shingle
Creek, 9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32819-9357. The hotel will
want a deposit of $95 for each room and will want a credit card number or a
personal check. If you use a credit card, the deposit will be charged
against your card immediately, just as would be the case with a $95 check.
If a reservation is cancelled before Thursday, June 1, 2017, half of the
deposit will be returned. Otherwise refunds will not be made.