[nfbmi-talk] LSAT law school exam discriminates against the blind, lawsuit says" | MLive.com

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 15:42:42 UTC 2017

Christine, thanks for your point.  It's a good one.  Just wondering
what this young man's objective in suing the law school authorities or
the American Bar Association is.   What does he think he will
accomplish?  Even if he wins this particular suit and "qualifies" to
enter law school, how much scholarship money is Mr. Binno going to
get?  How much will his peers or his professors respect him?  What
realistic shot will Angelo Binno have at any firm confronted with the
possibility of employing him?  I would look at this guy, complaining
about and suing over these testing conditions--knowing many other
blind lawyers have passed the lSAT in recent years--and not take a
chance on him, because I would be afraid he would sue his own employer
or even the law school itself at the drop of a hat, over nearly
anything.

Does this man think the profession of law is going to place him on
Easy Street?  If he doesn't like the difficulty of the logic portion
on the LSAT, then what will he think of the daily confrontational
grind of litigating cases?  Maybe there is much more to this story
than I know.

Aside from my own personal interest, I am bringing this question to
this list because my chapter's secretary--a computer science
professor, not a lawyer--brought it to my attention in a phone call
this morning and asked me what I think.

-Kane