[nfbmi-talk] upcoming autumn adventures

Donna donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 00:19:32 UTC 2017

Hello,

I need to get numbers of people who want to go to the Henry Ford museum on
October 14 for the purpose of reserving tickets. For those of you who have
previously participated we are doing more with cars this time and will be
able to lay hands on five cars in the Driving America display. Also, we will
experience the Ford assembly line production.  When we venture into the
village later we hope to ride in a Model T car. Please let me know a soon as
possible if you will be joining us, thanks, Donna Posont

Autumn Adventures

Though the summer heat is lingering, the calendar says that it is time for
the autumnal equinox. Some SASSy scientists and others know that will mean
an equal amount of light and dark in one day. Then there shall be more
darkness each day and birds and Birdbrains know that they need to get going
to survive winter. There is still plenty of time and opportunity to enjoy a
glorious Michigan fall. Following are two upcoming events of interest to
blind and visually impaired people along with their families and friends.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Birds and Leaves; Leaving Birds

10:00 am      Environmental Interpretive Center
<https://maps.google.com/?q=4901+Evergreen+Rd.+Dearborn+Michigan&entry=gmail
&source=g> 4901 Evergreen Rd. Dearborn Michigan, University of
Michigan-Dearborn campus

12:15 pm     Lunch provided in EIC

12:30 pm     Leave for the Henry Ford for tactile tour

1:00 pm       Tactile tour inside museum

3:00 pm       Venture into the Village

Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation Tactile Tour, October 14th

Join us in Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation on Saturday, October
14th, for a tactile tour of the museum.  Tactile tours provide background
and context on the museum's collections, as well as opportunities to touch
artifacts, such as the Rosa Parks Bus, Allegheny Locomotive, Build a Model
T, and Dymaxion House.  Tours are 1.5 hours in length and begin in the
Welcome Center of the museum.  Tours require the purchase of museum tickets
or are free for members.

You are welcome to attend any or all of the day's adventures. Please make me
aware if you will be eating lunch. Also I need to make a reservation for the
Henry Ford so let me know before that day if you will be joining us.

The next weekend is the long awaited Pumpkin Patch Party at Camp Tuhsmeheta;
<https://maps.google.com/?q=10,+500+Lincoln+Lake+Rd,+Greenville,+Michigan&en
try=gmail&source=g> 10,500 Lincoln Lake Rd, Greenville, Michigan

>From Friday dinner to Sunday morning at 10 am the weekend will be filled
with all things pumpkin and many autumnal adventures. Activities will
include, night hikes including owl prowls, baking perfect pumpkin pies,
carving pumpkins, pumpkin chemistry, baking donuts over the campfire,
carbonating apple cider, baking apples, and raptor migration. Please plan to
join us. Registration details will follow.

Please contact  <mailto:vandenheuvelj1 at michigan.gov>
vandenheuvelj1 at michigan.gov Michigan Department of Education or
<mailto:donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com> donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com Birding by
Ear and Beyond