[nfbmi-talk] Dan Perron

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 21:02:35 UTC 2017

Dear federation family.

It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that our long time friend
and member Dan Perron has died.  Recently he learned that he had cancer.
Georgia Kitchen spoke with his sister yesterday and informed me that he was
in hospice care.  This afternoon Georgia received a call from his sister who
told her of his passing.

Funeral arrangements have not been made yet but as soon as we find out
anything we will let you know.  This comes as a great shock as it was very
sudden and unexpected.  What comes to mind as I write this is that Dan was
always ready to help with anything that needed doing.  Whether it was
working at an exhibit table, manning a table for Newsline for the blind at
the Macomb library, performing volunteer work at a homeless shelter
regularly or helping people with disabilities at a center for independent
living, Dan was always there to lend his support.  He was also active in a
number of recreational and sport activities that involved blind people.
He will be greatly missed.  Let us keep Dan and his family in our thoughts
and prayers.

As I receive further information I will let you know.

Michael Powell

President

(586)754-1325

Mpowell7583 at yahoo.com