[nFBMI-Talk] FW: FW: Help Wanted: Pre-ets program and potential all summer job at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Wed May 9 16:03:36 UTC 2018

From: Jessica Burt [mailto:jessicaburt at mpviweb.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 4:55 PM
To: mpviannouncements at mpviweb.org
Subject: Fwd: FW: Help Wanted: Pre-ets program and potential all summer job at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: McVoy, Shannon (LARA) <mcvoys at michigan.gov <mailto:mcvoys at michigan.gov> >
Date: Tue, May 8, 2018 at 15:47
To: <VI-MICHIGAN at list.msu.edu <mailto:VI-MICHIGAN at list.msu.edu> >

From: Root, Susan (LARA)
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:55 PM
To: BSBP Staff <BSBPStaff at michigan.gov <mailto:BSBPStaff at michigan.gov> >

Please forward resumes or name and phone number of any potential 18-26 yr old  (eligible for Pre-ets services).

Summer work opportunity:

Grand Hotel – Mackinaw Island

Start Date:  6/11/18 (can be modified if student is not out of school yet)

Program:  Student will participate in a 4 week work evaluation at the Grand Hotel in the kitchen (starting as a dish washer).  Housing, food and minimum wage will be provided under the program costs for the student (includes 4 ferry tickets each week if they want to leave).  House is divided by sections of Girls and Boys.  There is a house mom for some supervision.  They will need cash for spending and laundry of personal cloths.

After those 4 weeks – if the student does well, they will be hired on as a regular employee (but will still get periodic check in’s from the vendor).  The wages will go up, and movement to another location within the hotel is possible.  At this point, all the expenses then go to the student – the Hotel has a deduction of pay in the paycheck for housing.

Fit would be best for:  Students that are interested in the hospitality field, need some minimal on-the-job supports, and have good mobility.

Send me your students information today if they are interested!

Susan A. Root

Assistant Regional Manager

Bureau of Services for Blind Persons

Field Services

931 Otsego #3

Gaylord, MI 49735

(989) 732-6058

LEGAL NOTICE: This e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy or disclose it to anyone else. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Neither this e-mail nor any attachment(s) establish an attorney-client relationship, constitute an electronic signature or provide consent to contract electronically, unless expressly so stated by the sender in the body of this e-mail or an attachment.

This is an announcements only list that will be used to send our our quarterly newsletter and announcements about events and programs for youth and young adults who are Blind and Visually Impaired.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Announcements" group.