[nFBMI-Talk] UPDATE: Senate Bill 803 and 804

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:41:00 UTC 2018

Hi.  Not living in Michigan, I wasn't familiar with the history of
this legislation.  But when I looked up State Senate Bills 803 and
804, it appears that in particular Senate Bill 804 weakens provisions
in state law that give blind people an advantage when it comes to the
operation of food vending facilities in certain state buildings.  It
looks as though for now this applies in a practical sense only to one
building, in Detroit, since it occupies more than one million square
feet.  But I get that this is a slippery slope.

I am amazed these two bills passed the Michigan House by such whopping
margins.  What takeaway should I notice from this, being someone from
a bordering state?

Cordially,

-Kane