[nFBMI-Talk] For New Or Potential Federation Members: Check Out A Phone Session This Coming Monday The 14th!

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 13:58:37 UTC 2018

Please forward this message to whomever you think would benefit.

Are you somebody who has just been introduced to the National
Federation of the Blind?  Are you, as I used to be, someone who has
heard of the NFB but always felt reluctant to get involved?  Maybe
you've been part of another blindness organization where disparaging
things were said about the Federation, but you weren't sure what to
believe and you never actually sat down with a Federationist before.
Maybe you're a sighted professional who is trained to work with the
blind but who has never spent any time with the organized movement of
blind people empowering one another.  Or maybe you're the newest
member of your Federation chapter, but you're on the fence about
whether to make that initial commitment to attend our National
Convention.

How would you like a low-cost, no-obligation, detailed look at who the
National Federation of the Blind are, what we stand for, and how we
(and you) can make a difference in people's lives?

If you fit into any of those categories, I highly recommend you take
part in the phone conference occurring this coming Monday, May 14,
between 5:00 and 6:30 PM, Eastern Time.  You'll hear from the
long-time president of the Indiana affiliate of the Federation Ron
Brown, as well as the president of our Ohio affiliate Rich Payne.  You
will discover for yourself what we are doing to build a diverse and
inclusive community of empowered blind people who actively serve our
neighbors, to the benefit of more than just those who are blind.
You'll also find out about the hard-working folks like John Paré who
are lobbying hard in our state legislatures and in the U.S. House and
Senate to make sure we protect and enhance the right of blind men,
women, and children to lead dignified, respectful lives in the world,
marked by equality, opportunity, and security.

Simply put: If you want to get a great overview of the National
Federation of the Blind from leaders who are from our region of the
country and who have made sacrifices so we can live the lives we want,
then dial (712)775-7031.  Use pass code 240281423.  Do this shortly
before 5:00 PM this coming Monday and take part.  Questions are
welcome.

Keep reading if you wish for more details.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Kane Brolin