[nFBMI-Talk] Seedlings looking for part time worker

Lydia Anne Schuck lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
Thu May 24 14:24:18 UTC 2018

Hello VI-MI listers,

One of our longtime part-time production staff members is planning to retire this year and we would like to hire someone to overlap with her before she leaves. Consequently, we are looking for someone who might be interested in joining the production team at our office in Livonia. We are looking for a very special person:
who has knowledge of braille (or is VERY detail-oriented and is willing to learn braille);
who has a strong desire to help VI children get the books they need to read & succeed;
who can work independently and in a team environment;
who has good communication & computer skills.

Key responsibilities are:
running braille embossers & bursters (training provided);
processing books: burst, bind, quality check, shelve;
assembling our Print-Braille-and-Picture books (adding the braille to the designated spots on each page);
occasionally answering the phone, taking orders, etc.

Right now, the position is about 15 hours/week but could grow. The current person works 2 days/week, but the hours could possibly be structured differently. There is some flexibility. If you or anyone you know might be interested, please have them send me their resume and/or email me for more information. Thank you for your help!

Seedlings Braille Books for Children is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the opportunity for literacy by providing high quality, free and low-cost children's literature in braille.

Best wishes,
Debra J. Bonde, Director
Seedlings Braille Books for Children
www.seedlings.org<http://www.seedlings.org/>  ~ 734-427-8552 or 800-777-8552
[http://www.seedlings.org/images/homecollage.jpg]<http://www.seedlings.org/>

Seedlings Braille Books for Children<http://www.seedlings.org/>
www.seedlings.org
Seedlings Braille Books for Children is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing high-quality, low-cost children's books in Braille.

Like us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Seedlings-Braille-Books-for-Children-145924658762019/?fref=ts> & follow on Twitter<https://twitter.com/SeedlingsBrlBks>: @SeedlingsBrlBks
*** You can still donate to our bowling fundraiser here<https://www.firstgiving.com/event/seedlingsbraille/31st-annual-bowling-for-braille-books> to help us reach our goal of $60,000 to make 6,000 braille books!
<http://www.seedlings.org/events.php>