[nFBMI-Talk] Zambian Fundraising Celebration

Osman Koroma osman.koroma0514 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:09:05 UTC 2018

Something I learned in the village: No celebration is complete without
food and music. That’s why these two crucial party elements will be
present at the
Zambian school-scholarship fundraiser held at Feast of Victory Lutheran Church (
4400 Mt Hope Rd, Acme, MI)
from 5-7:30pm on Saturday, June 9th! Mark your calendars for a
wonderful evening of fellowship, live music, and food (some African,
some American). In
addition to accepting donations for dinner, we will also have a live
auction to raise money for school scholarships for Zambian high-school
students who
cannot afford an education.

Attending secondary school in Zambia opens doors- it is where students
learn to read and write at a higher level, take business classes, and
learn English,
to name a few. Many students in Zambia want to go to secondary school,
but lack the money for school fees. We are raising money to meet these
students
where they’re at financially, so that their family’s financial
situation is not a barrier to their education and future.

We are also in need of donations for the auction! Even if you cannot
attend, please contact Osman (616.710.8536) or Abby (231.620.3423)
with any items
you’d like to donate to the cause! Some ideas include: Guided trips
(boating, fishing, kayaking, etc.), services (lawn-care, massages, car
washes, etc.)
a personal concert (if you can play an instrument, sing, or yodel),
baked goods or frozen meals, gift cards from your workplace, hand-made
items (knit,
sewn, carved, etc.), writings (poems, stories, etc.), photography, and
ANYTHING ELSE you’d like to donate!

Looking forward to seeing you then as we celebrate making education
achievable for students all over the globe!

Sincerely,

Osman and Abby