[nFBMI-Talk] Birding on May 11

Posont, Donna donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 20:11:38 UTC 2019

Beautiful Birds in the Butterfly Garden

Please join us Saturday, May 11, 2019 as we explore the Matt Clew Butterfly
Garden on the campus of the University of Michigan-Dearborn, 4901 Evergreen
Rd. in Dearborn, Michigan. We will meetat the Environmental Interpretive
Center at 10a m and then gather in the garden. We will investigate what
plants are returning from last year as well as add some herbs like dill to
spice up the lives of butterflies. While we are there we will be serenaded
by the songsters surrounding the sensory garden.  We will provide host
plants for the butterflies and if the eggs/caterpillers don't survive they
may serve as snacks for the surrounding songsters who need protein for their
baby birds.

After assuring ourselves that we will find caterpillers next month we will
enjoy lunch in the EIC. Following food we will travel the trails to the
Henry Ford estate. While the air might  be saturated with the aroma of lilac
bushes this can serve as a backdrop while we help restore the Rouge River
habitat with Friends of the Rouge. We will wish to remove invasive garlic
mustard or lend a hand in raking the grounds. We will find something for
everyone to do as we help care for this special area dedicated to natural
science and environmental education.  You may come and go for any part of
the day, but, we will be concluding around 3p m. For further information
please contact Donna Posont at 313-220-8140 or donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com.