[nFBMI-Talk] Kalamazoo Chapter Dog Daze of Summer Picnic

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Tue May 21 12:46:42 UTC 2019

Good Morning Fellow Federationists

Are you or do you know someone that is a guide dog handler in the state of Michigan? If so, this opportunity may intrigue you. The Kalamazoo chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan invites you to join us in a fun-filled day of advocacy, networking and team building. The Dog Daze of Summer Picnic is a chance to further educate the residents of Kalamazoo and surrounding areas about salient issues that impact the blind who happen to use guide dogs as a means of mobility. It also allows for people to understand the care and time taken to work with guide dog teams to ensure they live an active and meaningful life. At this event, we will be discussing a multitude of important issues, including etiquette, legislation, advocating in public spaces, and rideshare triumphs and difficulties. If you are interested in such an event, please join us. If you are interested in donating to the event, please contact our event committee chair, whose number is included in the attached flyer.

Can't make the event ? No problem, we understand that June is a busy month, but we encourage you all to share this flyer with friends, chapter members, coworkers, and anyone that will listen. We look forward to connecting with all who attend. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Best Regards
Robert E. Parsons Jr.
Master's Student, Rehabilitation Counseling and Teaching
Parliamentarian, Graduate Student Association
Chi Sigma Iota Honors Inductee '19
Western Michigan University '20
President, Kalamazoo Chapter
Board Member, Michigan Association of Blind Students
Phone: 804 801 7674
"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglas